Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any hidden costs?
Absolutely not. There is no VAT on room rental or Licence fees and no extra charges unless you choose to use one of our support services. More details on additional services, such as secretarial support are available on request.
Our staff will be pleased to calculate the exact hourly, weekly, or monthly cost for you, once we know your precise requirements.
Click here to email our House Manager so that we can find out more about your specific requirements
And what other facilities or support are available?
- Experienced medical secretaries to provide telephone support, typewriting or patient account management as required, either on a permanent basis or in addition to your own staff
- Full administrative facilities (fax, photocopier, postage, mail forwarding, couriers, etc)
- Chaperon service
- Private access for patients who wish to enter the House discreetly and portable ramps to give comfortable wheelchair access.
- Access to professional financial, taxation, and legal advice
- A silent personal security alarm for your safety while consulting, if required
What is included in the Licence fee?
- All the costs normally associated with maintaining an address in this prestigious location – heating, lighting, rates, insurance, refurbishment, staff, refreshments, etc
- A wide range of consulting rooms from which to choose, all well presented, some with specialist equipment
- A telephone answering service and a personal number which is answered in your name
- Friendly reception staff to greet your patients and handle your telephone calls seven days a week
- Appointment booking facilities
What is my commitment to 10 Harley Street?
Many practitioners are understandably hesitant about signing up to a long lease in Harley Street. That is why we offer a real alternative. Your initial commitment is only six months and thereafter we require just three months’ notice from you on any of our Licence options. This gives you great flexibility and, more importantly, peace of mind.
How does this compare to the rest of Harley Street?
No.10 provides extremely cost-effective facilities for small and medium-sized practices. We compare very favourably with other establishments in Harley Street since we believe our elegant accommodation and experienced administrative staff represent exceptional value for money. Successful practitioners are key to our business.
What sort of person consults at 10 Harley Street?
A wide range of established medical practitioners work from No.10 – surgeons, physicians, general practitioners, psychiatrists, psychologists, plus many respected complementary therapists. Some are world leaders in their field; others are just embarking on private practice in central London.
Ten Harley Street is highly cautious about those whom it accepts as Licensees. We screen each applicant to ensure that they meet the accreditation criteria agreed with our Advisory Panel, carry appropriate professional insurance, and fit with the ethos of the house. This is important to maintain our reputation as a centre of excellence, and to ensure that you will feel comfortable with fellow practitioners.
How long has 10 Harley Street been providing medical facilities?
No.10 is an established medical House and has provided facilities for over thirty years. It is widely recognised and respected throughout the medical community for its professionalism, support, and commitment to quality service.
How do I find 10 Harley Street?
No.10 is just off Cavendish Square and is easy to reach. Oxford Circus and Bond Street tube stations are close by and the area enjoys excellent bus services. Multi-storey car parking is available nearby and there are meters along Harley Street itself. Parking is free after 6.30pm on weekdays and all day on Sundays.
What do I do now?
If you would like to find out more about Ten Harley Street, please call our House Manager, Vanessa Lovejoy, on (+44) 020 7467 8301. She will be happy to show you around our facilities, discuss your requirements, and answer your questions. We look forward to hearing from you.
We guard jealously the international reputation of 10 Harley Street and, therefore, demand the highest possible standards of practitioners who use the House.
A wide range of established medical practitioners work from No. 10 – surgeons, physicians, general practitioners, psychiatrists, psychologists, plus many more respected complementary therapists. Some are world leaders in their field; others are just embarking on private practice in central London.
Ten Harley Street is highly cautious about those whom it accepts as Licensees. We screen each applicant to ensure that they meet the accreditation criteria agreed with our Advisory Panel, carry appropriate insurance, and fit with the ethos of the House. This is important to maintain our reputation as a centre of excellence, and to ensure that you will feel comfortable with fellow practitioners.
All Licence Agreements are issued subject to the satisfactory receipt of:
- Evidence of GMC registration or accreditation by an equivalent recognised professional body
- Evidence of professional indemnity insurance cover
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae. Since our practitioners work across the spectrum of healthcare, we take guidance from experts in complementary and orthodox medicine to ensure that practitioners who use our facilities are trained and qualified to the highest professional standards.
- Proof of residential address
The following organisations meet the accreditation requirements of the
Medical Advisory Panel of 10 Harley Street:
- British Association for Counselling
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
- General Medical Council
- Health Professionals Council
- London College of Clinical Hypnosis/ British Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- The Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture UK
- The British Acupuncture Council
- The British Osteopathic Association
- The British Psychology Society
- The Complementary Medical Association
- The General Chiropractic Council